Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Play script!

 WALT: Write a play

For the past few weeks in Room 5, we've been learning about plays. We learned how to act and create plays, as well as creating scenarios and characters.  I worked with four other people and we made a fun play about a plane trip going wrong. Our work is down below.


(: The  not so perfect plane trip :)

Characters:

Scene reader:Tait

Needy sister/Mimi:Nike

Mother/Sharol:Tabby                          

Needy brother/Patrick:Casper

Matilda/flight attendant:Sam


Scene: Patrick, Mimi and their mother Sharol are boarding a flight to the world's greatest 11/7 shop in the UK. Patrick and Mimi walk down the aisle whacking each other and arguing over who gets the Ipad.

Patrick: Give me the Ipad.

Mimi: Stop! I'm trying to focus on playing waysub surfers!

Mimi and Patricks mother Sharol is talking to her friend in Canada on the phone.

Sharol: Oh,yes! How is your sister Susan? I heard she got a really bad case of sugma. Oh she’s doing fine? Ok, that's good. 

Patrick: (Interrupting) MOM I”M HUNGRY I WANT FOOD!!

Sharol gives patrick a death stare

Sharol: Be quite Patrick! Mummy's trying to talk to her friend.

Flight attendant: Alright everyone, we'll be taking off in just a few minutes. In the pocket next to you is a guide on how to fasten your seatbelt. 

Mimi: Mum, I'm scared.

Patrick: Weird lady in dress can I have some-- FOOD!!!

Flight attendant: yes but try using your manners next time young man. Do you want pretzels or peanuts?

Patrick: Peanuts!

Mimi: HAHA! NUTZ!

Flight attendant: Please sit down young lady. Here's a bag for the both of you. But only if you two use your manners. 

Patrick:(disgusted) ugh please-

Mimi- But I WANT PRETZELS!

Flight attendant: Ok ok calm down Miss, Here's your pretzels. 

Mimi: Heck Yes! My Favorite! 

Patrick: Bet I can eat my peanuts faster!

Mimi: Nah-Uh! I´m gonna win!

Patrick and Mimi: Three, two, one Go!

Patrick basically shoves the whole pack of thirty peanuts in his mouth. 

Patrick: Mom, I don't feel so good.

Patricks cheeks puff up and he becomes dizzy and nauseous. 

Mimi: No fair! You cheated! I swear you did! 

Sharol looks at patrick. 

Sharol: Oh my goodness Mimi what's happened to Patrick what did you do!?

The flight attendant rushes over to the Patrick dying of severe allergic reaction

patrick: Am I dead? 

(Suddenly Patrick gets jabbed in the arm with an epipen by the Flight attendant

Patrick: OW! That hurts weird lady.

Mimi: Haha! Shame stupid.

Sharol: Anyway as I was saying Susan-

Flight attendant: God I hate my job. 

The kids get back to bickering and the flight lands in their destination

I found it hard to work fast on my play.

I found it easy to work on the script with my group.

Maybe next time I could work a bit faster.




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Samantha,

    I’m Lauren from the Summer Learning Journey. Thanks for sharing your play script that your group has been working on, you are all very creative! It's a great story and you gave each character their own personality and attitude.

    Have you tried the blogging activities for this year’s Summer Learning Journey site?

    Everyone who participates will receive a certificate and a digital badge for their blog and there are some great prizes up for grabs for our most active bloggers. It's also a lot of fun! You can register here.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete